Wednesday, May 22, 2013

To the Anonymous Coward in Happy Valley

 
To the anonymous Coward of Happy Valley,
 Let's get a few things straight, shall we? 
 
1. My Mother's name is spelled T-E-R-I, not Terry. That alone, set the BS bells ringin' It showed that you do not know my Mom, therefore anything you were going to spew throughout the letter was going to be nothing more than nonsense. 
 
2. I, K-A-R-L-I C-U-N-N-I-N-G-H-A-M, set up my Dad's fundraiser and I am the one "begging" for donations on Facebook. My Mom posts updates and shares the links that I send out. If you have a problem with that, take it up with me, sweetheart. 
 
3. Again, if you knew my Mom, you would know that she has a job. You actually want her to get an $11 an hour job and have to turn around and pay a bookkeeper $100+ to do her books and pay someone else $25-30 an hour to come in and write contracts, bids, scopes and all of that? They, Mom AND Dad, have already checked that out, not that it's ANY of your business. That alone shows your ignorance, or maybe your stupidity. 
 
4. And these Assets????? They have no assets. If you want to come out of the comfort, and anonymity, or I should say cowardice, of your little box on the hillside and come talk with my mom, she would be more than willing to explain what's happened in their lives in the last several years that she won't whine about. As for right now, with you being a coward and all, you deserve no explanation.
 
  5. As for her car, you have NO idea what her payments are, I'm quite sure they're MUCH less than what you drive, and the gas mileage much better. There again, why she has that car are circumstances you know nothing about. And as for Starbucks, guess what, know-it-all, she hasn't paid for it in a while, uh, you want to know why? Well, ask her doctor. Do you have to deal with bipolar, the stress of a business, special needs kids, and trying to stay afloat financially? Yeah, that's what I thought. Once again, you assume, you don't ask.
 
  6.Have you had the COURAGE to take on 7 ADOPTED kids ALL with special needs? No, you haven't, because you think only of yourself. Can you say, "self-absorbed?" 
 
7. As for everything else with the name calling and the swearing leads me to believe that you are not mature enough to understand if I tried to explain everything else you put in your "anonymous" letter. As my grandfather told me, the use of swear words and name calling only means a person has a limited vocabulary, therefore limited intellect, and are unable to articulate properly. It's so great that people know EVERYTHING WITHOUT ASKING ONE QUESTION, ONLY BLAMING, and cussing and swearing like a seventh grader! You have no idea what they have sold, and frankly, it's none of your business, busybody. What you need to do is get a life and stop worrying about my mom's life. None of this is about my mom, it's about my dad. My mother NEVER made it about her, you have a screw loose, envy I think. I also noticed you NEVER once asked how my dad is, hmmm, you must REALLY envy my mom. 
 
As for the letter, in whole, I can only conclude that you are extremely jealous of my mother and her ageless beauty and compassion, which you certainly don't have.
 
   Sincerely, 
 
Those who lived in Happy Valley before it was the cool thing to do 

12 comments:

  1. I had no idea you'd get so fired up! Laugh 'em off, I am, they're not worth the energy. But, I must say, I think you nailed it. I wonder how many "anon." comments you'll get? lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the reply- but you should not even dignify that pathetic asshole with a response- what a sad individual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sad that with everything else you all are already dealing with, you have to deal with ignorance and rudeness like this! Unfortunately there are always people like this, and your post probably won't make much difference to them because they always think they know everything... Although it's much easier said than done, just ignore the one's like this, and focus the energy where it deserves to be focused. You, your mom, or any of your family do not owe anyone, especially people like this, anything!
    Keeping your dad, and your family in our prayers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Karli! Good job.... I told your mom early on she would get some negative response to the fundraiser. People who work "by the hour" have this perception that us self employed contractors are bucks up business people. And a very select few are, but the vast majority are not. They have no clue what it take financially to be self employed. Licenses, bonding, insurance, equipment, fuel, both employer and employee portions of taxes, etc etc.... I know because I lived that life for almost 30 years. Vacations.... no one pays for them, u simply loose the revenue. Sick time of or injury time off? Does not exist without loss of revenue. Hours spent working up a bid? No one pays you for that. Underbid a job... too bad... people have no clue. I could go on but most who read this will get it.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait, Glen, while we do lose revenue when we take vacations, I have paid for them. Usually about $10.00 because I turn over my air mile card every month we have suppliers that accept my card. Those miles rack up, and I use them. They have paid for everything, yes we lose money when we're gone, but truthfully, the sanity and recharging of my husband is more important once a year or so, so that he is able to provide for his families and the families that count on him for employment. You are correct, people don't take into account that being self employeed comes with A LOT of additional costs they have no idea of, and those costs HAVE to be paid, no matter what. We've found the contractors that are "rolling in dough," are the ones that usually put quality aside and really don't care about the end product, or the client that will live there. Jeff's not like that, he doesn't have it in him. We've had good years, and we've had really bad years, especially these past few years and we've lost just about everything. "by the hour" people with their 401Ks have no idea what it's like being self employed. All they know is they get a check once a week, with virtually no stress, compared to a self employed person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait, Glen, while we do lose revenue when we take vacations, I have paid for them. Usually about $10.00 because I turn over my air mile card every month we have suppliers that accept my card. Those miles rack up, and I use them. They have paid for everything, yes we lose money when we're gone, but truthfully, the sanity and recharging of my husband is more important once a year or so, so that he is able to provide for his families and the families that count on him for employment. You are correct, people don't take into account that being self employeed comes with A LOT of additional costs they have no idea of, and those costs HAVE to be paid, no matter what. We've found the contractors that are "rolling in dough," are the ones that usually put quality aside and really don't care about the end product, or the client that will live there. Jeff's not like that, he doesn't have it in him. We've had good years, and we've had really bad years, especially these past few years and we've lost just about everything. "by the hour" people with their 401Ks have no idea what it's like being self employed. All they know is they get a check once a week, with virtually no stress, compared to a self employed person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kick ass Karli! Good for you for defending your mama! She deserves it! People's ignorance is disgusting sometimes. The people that count are the people who spend time caring for those we love; not condemning those we don't. <3

    (this is Sara, btw-I just did the anon thing...well...you know...I'm sort of a smart ass sometimes)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes I get all that too Teri.... I had to take vacations at various points just to relieve the stress and see my kids. Lost revenue at that point was down on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I already posted a comment under your mum's blog where I really lost my temper out of disgust for the evil, horrible small person who sent out that letter so I won't do so here again. I honestly wouldn't give that letter a second thought, like you say it's terribly misinformed and for anybody to dare to rub salt in the wounds of a family that's already heavily suffering over the accident that your poor father was involved in is sick, just plain sick and they have no right for the moral high ground with anything.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello there! This blog post could not be written any better!

    Reading through this article reminds me of my previous roommate!
    He continually kept preaching about this. I'll send this article to him. Pretty sure he's going to have
    a great read. I appreciate you for sharing!

    Check out my webpage :: Learn More

    ReplyDelete